- What is the frequency of AOA's TAG broadcast?
When AOA TAG is moving, the packet frequency is different than when it is stationary. The opposite is true when it is stationary. When in a stationary position, the AOA's TAG packet sending frequency corresponds to a broadcast interval of 100 milliseconds. The AOA's TAG packet frequency has a broadcast interval of 2 seconds when the vehicle is in motion.
- Can users customize AOA's TAG broadcast frequency?
Yes, it is currently supported for the customer to select the broadcast frequency before the TAG is shipped from the factory to the end user. Customers have options to choose from based on their specific requirements.
- How many locators and AOA Tags does a positioning system need at least?
A system requires a minimum of two locators and has no limit on the number of AOA Tags it can use.
- What is the installation distance of each 2 locators?
The recommended installation distance is 1.5 times the installation height.
- What is the recommended optimal installation height?
The optimal installation height is 3-10m between the AOA Tag and locator
- What is the coverage area of a single AOA gateway?
The area covered by a single Bluetooth AOA gateway is approximately the shape of a circle, and the height difference between the gateway and the AOA TAG should be equal to two times that difference.
- Is the positioning real-time and is there any delay?
The delay caused by data transmission via Bluetooth and data transmission via the network will need to be factored into the acquisition of positioning data.
- What should be paid attention to in the installation of locator?
At a minimum of 2 meters' distance should separate the locator from adjacent walls and columns.
- I don't have my own cloud platform, but I want to use this positioning technology, is that okay?
Customers can acquire platform-side positioning engine services by going through our third-party partner, Navigine.
- Can customers obtain AOA array antenna data for development?
The RTL library developed by Silicon Labs can be utilized even if the customer is responsible for calculating the AoA value based on the underlying interface. Customers have access to the code located in the source code of our software development kit (SDK).
- What is the positioning accuracy of the AOA gateway in meters?
We use the most recent version of the Bluetooth protocol stack, which is version 5.3, and it supports the most recent version of the AOA Bluetooth positioning technology. The accuracy of the technology can be improved to sub-meter levels, and the level of accuracy that can be achieved in practice can reach 0.3 meters under ideal conditions.
- Does AOA have any advantages over AOD?
AOD (Angle of departure) requires each terminal TAG to install an array antenna, while the AOA direction finding system only requires the locator to install an array antenna. Therefore, the relative cost will be lower.